15 Best Cooking Hacks for Everyone
Cooking is something which would come naturally to everyone if they are genuinely interested in learning it.
Undoubtedly, it is a very important survival skill.
15 Best cooking hacks for everyone because one doesn’t have to learn cooking to be a Michelin Star Chef but one can learn cooking to help oneself sustain anywhere.
When I started to learn cooking from my mom and dad, I learnt a few cooking hacks which may seem simple but are very important and can help you in cooking efficiently. Cooking hacks only make cooking more easier and interesting and one looks forward to trying new recipes using these hacks.
So the 15 Best cooking hacks for everyone are as follows:
1.Adding salt (namak) while sautéing onions (pyaaz) accelerates the cooking process.
2. In order to squeeze out more juice from the lemon/lime (nimbu), roll it on a flat surface with the help of your palm.
3. If your curry turns out salty, add 1 or 2 boiled potatoes (uble aloo) to it and let it rest. Curry would taste normal.
4. Add salt (namak) to the chopped bitter gourd (karela) and allow it to rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes. It would release a little water (paani), discard it to remove bitterness before preparing your dish.
5. Put eggs (ande) in a bowl of water (paani). If they are bad they will float
6. When you put salt (namak) while boiling eggs (ande), as soon as the eggs (ande) are cooked, cracks will appear on the shells, this will help in boiling the eggs (ande) to perfection and not over cooking them.
7. If you want your fruits to ripe quickly, keep them wrapped in a paper or a plastic bag.
How are you finding these hacks till now?
8. If you want to avoid your milk (doodh) or water to spill over while boiling it, place a spatula or long spoon in it.
9. Using semolina (sooji/ rava) or rice flour (chawal ka atta) in your dishes will give it a crispy or crunchy texture depending upon the dish.
10. If cornflour is not available, use refined flour (maida) or rice flour (chawal ka atta).
11. After cleaning the fish or chicken (murgi) and before cooking it, apply a little salt (namak) to it. This imparts a very good taste to it.
12. Nobody loves oily pakodas. So to avoid this, add a little salt (namak) to the oil (tel) before frying the pakodas.
13. To avoid bhindis (okra/ lady finger) from turning sticky, add lemon (nimbu) juice to it while cooking.
14. While cooking mutton or chicken (murgi), add raw papaya (kachcha papita) paste to make the meat tender quickly.
15. Whenever you cook dals, rajma, chickpeas (chole) in a pressure cooker, never add salt (namak) as then they will not cook properly.
Hopefully, this post of 15 best cooking hacks for everyone will help you just as they helped me. Try these out and give us your valuable feedback.
I am sharing some more links regarding tips and tricks. 9 Tear Free tricks for cutting onions.
Till then Happy Cooking!!!!!